14 Apr 2008

My Adventures With Erlang Have Come to an End

After trying very hard to install the Yaws webserver for Erlang on windows, asking 2 friends of mine to try to install it and pleading with the original creator to make an installer, I have given up.

So my very short lived relationship with Erlang has come to an end also. I am just too busy to sit down and learn how to install a program that seems too complicated to me before I even start programming in it.

I hope one day, Yaws will use an installer like Bitrock. Until then, I will spend my time either improving the languages I know or learning new ones that seem cool and not that complicated to get into.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Yaws is trivial to get running.

    Sounds like your problem is Windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My computer and 2 other people's computer...

    If you know good install instructions, feel free to paste them here.

    I already went through the readme and 2-3 different websites.

    ReplyDelete